Right to Cancel – Instructions & cancellation form
As a consumer (e.g. a natural person who does not conclude a contract primarily for commercial of self-employed activities), you have a legal right to cancel the contract for any goods you purchased in our online shop in accordance with the following provisions.
Instructions on the right to cancel Right to cancel
You are entitled to cancel this contract without stating any reasons within a period of fourteen days.
The time period of cancellation is fourteen days and begins to run from the day on which you acquire, or a third party other than the carrier and indicated by you acquires, physical possession of the goods.
To exercise your right to cancel, you must inform us (Design & Data GmbH, Hohenzollernring 56, 50672 Cologne,Germany, Tel: +49 (0) 221 169 232 07, Email:email@example.com) by means of an unambiguous statement (e.g. by letter, per fax or email) about your intention to withdraw from the contract. You may use the sample cancellation form provided below, although you are not legally obliged to.
To keep the deadline, it is sufficient to send us your notice that you wish to exercise your withdrawal right before the withdrawal deadline has passed.
Effects of cancellation
If you cancel the contract, we shall refund you all payments you made, including the delivery costs (except you decided to choose a delivery method other than the standard, lower-priced one we suggested) without delay and no later than fourteen days starting from the day we received your notice of withdrawal. In case of refund, we shall use the same method of payment you initially used, unless it was otherwise agreed; under no circumstances will you be charged additionally in case of a refund.
We may withhold reimbursement until we have received the goods back or you have supplied evidence of having sent back the goods, whichever is the earliest.
You shall send back the goods or hand them over to us without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which you communicate your cancellation of the contract to us (Design & Data GmbH, Hohenzollernring 56, 50672 Cologne,Germany) The deadline is met if you send back the goods before the period of 14 days has expired. You will bear the direct cost of returning the goods.
You are only liable for any diminished value of the goods resulting from the handling other than what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the goods.
Information on cases, in which the right to cancel does not apply:
The right to cancel does not apply to distance selling contracts
– for the delivery of goods, which are manufactured to customer specifications or are clearly tailored to personal requirements, or which, due to their quality, are unsuitable for a return shipment or are easily perishable or whose expiry date would be exceeded;
– for the delivery of sealed goods, which, due to health protection or hygienic issues, are not suitable for return, in case the sealing has been removed upon delivery;
– for the delivery of goods, which, due to their characteristics, were inseparably mixed with other goods upon delivery;
– for the delivery of audio and video recordings or of software, insofar as the data carriers delivered have been unsealed by the consumer;
– for the delivery of newspapers and magazines, except for subscription contracts.
– for the delivery of alcoholic beverages, if the price was agreed upon at the time of contract conclusion but the goods may only be delivered 30 days later and their value depends on fluctuations on the market, which the seller cannot influence.
1) Please avoid damaging or contaminating the goods. Send us the goods back, preferably using the original packaging with all accessories and packaging features. If possible, use a protective second packaging. If you are not in possession of the original packaging anymore, please use appropriate packaging so as to ensure adequate protection against transportation damages.
2) If possible, please do not send us the goods carriage forward.
3) Please note that clauses under 1) and 2) are not a requirement to exercise your right to cancel.
Sample cancellation form
(If you wish to cancel the contract, please fill in this form and send it back to us)
Design & Data GmbH
50672 Cologne, Germany
I/we* hereby cancel the concluded contract regarding the purchase of the following
Goods (*)/Services (*)
ordered on (*)/received on (*)
Signature (only when written form is chosen) Date
(*) Delete as appropriate