to: 22 Jul 2020
Go to Website.
This free online event, hosted by Invest in Bavaria, is designed to give Scottish players in the Space industry an overview of and insights into the Bavaria’s space ecosystem, with a view to generating ideas and channels for cross-border exchange and networking for trade, collaboration and also joint initiatives and programmes. Bavaria is the leading commercial aerospace cluster in Germany with over 65,000 people working in the aviation and space industry sector. The cluster generates an annual turnover of over €10 billion. In addition to the 550 aerospace companies the other organisations established here include the German Space Operations Control Centre, the Galileo Control Centre and the DLR Earth Observation Centre. Activities in Bavaria include the manufacturing of satellites, space transportation systems as well as subsystems and the provision of a wide range of services and applications. Numerous space related companies are located here including Airbus Defence and Space, MT Aerospace and OHB System together with an increasing number of young technology enterprises. The session will give you an overview of the sector and the main players and also a fascinating case study on a Munich-based satellite data analysis business which is operating globally. On registering for the event participants can indicate topics that are of particular interest.
– Introduction and Moderation: David Scrimgeour, MBE, GlobalScot
– Bavaria: Economic Overview; Public Sector & Aerospace – Peter Englert, Senior Manager Investor Services, Invest in Bavaria
– The Aerospace Cluster in Bavaria: Activities, Projects, Initiatives and Players – Dr. Jürgen Vogel, Coordinator International Programmes, BavAIRia e.V.
– Complementing & replacing ground infrastructure with data from space – Thomas Grübler, CEO & Co-Founder, Orora Technologies GmbH
– Q&A Session – Language: English