to: 15 Sep 2020
Go to Website.
A half-day virtual conference from England’s Economic Heartland. EEH’s virtual annual conference takes place on 15 September from 9.30am to 1pm.
Here’s what you can expect, session-by-session:
- Introduction: Hear from Strategic Transport Forum Chair, Mayor Dave Hodgson, on the EEH Draft Transport Strategy. Joining him will be Greg Smith, MP for Buckingham – topics discussed are likely to include the forthcoming Spending Review and the work of the Transport Select Committee.
- What connectivity means to me: Hear from speakers from a variety of backgrounds on what the Draft Transport Strategy means for them. Speakers include Professor Paul Leinster CBE, Chair of the Ox Cam Arc Local Natural Capital Plan Steering Group, and Lucy Ellis, apprentice at the East West Rail Alliance. A business perspective will also be provided.
- Shaping the Future: A look at how the future of connectivity is being shaped today. Hear from Vision 2050 competition winner Emily Seabrook; learn more about EEH’s programme of connectivity studies; and hear from Gemma Ball, from Satellite Applications Catapult, on their work on intelligent transport infrastructure supporting decarbonisation. We’ll also have a speaker on the future of rural connectivity.
- Innovation in Delivery: Learn more about the innovative approaches being taken by EEH’s private sector delivery partners. Presentations will include carbon monitoring; decarbonising construction; using artificial intelligence in data collection; approaches to prioritisation; and work on active travel recovery.
- Transformational projects: Hear updates on a number of vital strategic infrastructure projects, including Mayor James Palmer.