to: 03 Sep 2020
Go to Website.
For the first time the ESA Business Incubation Centre United Kingdom (ESA BIC UK) at the Higgs Centre for Innovation, Edinburgh will organise and run a 2 hour online application masterclass for the business incubation programme.
If you are a start-up looking to utilise space technologies, turning a great idea into a commercially viable business and if your approach is thinking out of the box, the ESA BIC UK is a good place to start. We are offering start-ups a competitive advantage through facilities, support and funding in the sum of £43,103.
With the aim of providing best practice, practical advice and tips on how to prepare and write a good application, the following content will be covered during the 2 hour masterclass:
Introduction and icebreaker:
- Introduction to presenter/facilitator and icebreaker exercise
- The purpose of the workshop
- Aims of the workshop
- What to consider as the writer
- The purpose of the document
- What to consider from a reader’s perspective
- Goals and how to write them
Descriptions for business plans and funding proposals will be discussed with an interactive element:
- Company & team
- Value proposition
- Business model
- Costs & return on investment
The Writing Process:
- Exam technique as an approach
- The importance of research and referencing
- Writing style
In summary you will learn how to:
- Approach and write to the best effect
- The ( unwritten) Do and Don’t in Applications
We look forward to welcoming you to this session. A link to join the session will be sent to all registered a few days before the event.