to: 31 Dec 2020
Go to Website.
A new series of short online courses/webinars on data discovery for weather, oceanography, air quality and climate is starting this September.
The courses are open and address a wide range of attendees, from service providers to young (and less young) scientists and forecasters. We will do our best to keep the language and contents accessible to all even for those limited pre-exisiting know-how.
The format of each short course is a 1-2 hour webinar including a presentation and demonstration of data discovery and application. You will have the opportunity to interact with experts and ask questions. Some courses will include a follow-up self-paced phase where you are invited to explore the data and get feedback from experts.
1. How high is the sea? A discovery of altimetry data – 16 September 2020, 12:00 UTC
2. A light on heat: what radiation tells about soil, air and fire – 30 September 2020, 12:00 UTC
3. Satellite skills training online: a short introduction – 6 October 2020, 13:00 UTC
4. A summer of fires: the 2019 wildfires in Australia – 14 Oct 2020, 12:00 UTC; Feedback session: 19 Oct 2020, 12:00 UTC
5. A climate data record of “sunshine”, SARAH – 28 October 2020, 12:00 UTC
6. The monthly weather briefing of EUMeTrain – November 2020, 12:00 UTC
7. The colour of the oceans – 25 November 2020, 12:00 UTC
8. What is a gridded dataset and how to create it? – 9 December 2020, 12:00 UTC
9. Advanced applications of a toolbox to analyse climate data – December 2020, 12:00 UTC