to: 14 Oct 2021
ESTEC and online
Go to Website.
The European Space Thermal Engineering Workshop, organised by the ESA Thermal Division, will be held on:
Tuesday 12 to Thursday 14 October 2021
at ESA/ESTEC, Noordwijk, the Netherlands (if possible) and on-line.
Aim and scope
The aim of the workshop is:
- to provide a forum for the exchange of views, experiences, best practices and lessons learned for thermal engineers involved in space missions
- to promote and facilitate contacts between thermal engineers and thermal technologies and tool developers
- to present recent developments on all aspects of the thermal engineering domain and to solicit feedback
- to present new approaches and methodologies e.g. for thermal design, analysis and verification
Topics covered include in particular
- thermal design (for platforms, instruments etc.)
- thermal analysis and software tools
- thermal testing
- thermal control technologies
- two-phase heat transport technology
- thermal technologies and methodologies related to small satellites and CubeSats
- mapping of thermal results to mechanical models and guidelines for thermo-elastic (for thermal part)
The workshop will consist of presentations only. The working language will be English.
While we hope to be able to welcome workshop participants at ESTEC, at the moment we are still uncertain to what extend that will be possible. It all depends on the development of the situation up to that time. Therefore, due to the pandemic, the workshop will be held in a hybrid fashion where possibly a part of the participants can attend at ESTEC and other participants can attend on-line.
The coming period will hopefully provide a better view on what can be expected.