to: 23 Apr 2021
Go to Website.
This course provides a broad overview of the space resources field, including the current knowledge of available resources in the Solar System, identification, collection, extraction, processing, and utilization systems under development, economic and technical feasibility studies, legal and policy issues, and space exploration architectures and commercial ventures that may be enabled by utilizing extraterrestrial resources in the near future.
At the completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify types, technology components, and potential customers of space resources
- Explain the state of space resources exploration, availability, and technologies associated with their identification, recovery, extraction, processing, and utilization
- Assess current technological, economic, and policy challenges in space resources
- Compare and contrast methods of space resource utilization
- Analyze technological solutions, economic models, and policy positions in space resources
- Create a space resources utilization plan that incorporates knowledge of resources found in space, the technologies needed to extract and process them into useful products, and the customers of these products