to: 28 Jan 2021
Go to Website.
A Cybersecurity Toolkit was published by the UK Space Agency (UKSA) in May 2020. The Toolkit’s purpose is to raise the level of cybersecurity within the space sector by taking organisations through a logical step-by-step assurance process including a self-assessment methodology, and the adoption of recommended cyber security standards based on the level of identified risk. The toolkit also covers planning for incident response, reporting and business recovery.
A number of workshops are being scheduled by the Catapult on behalf of the UKSA to create a broader understanding of the space-cybersecurity phenomenon and to help raise the level of cyber security within space supply chains. Each session will include a briefing from the UK Government’s National Cybersecurity Centre that sets out the current risks to the space sector, including case studies of a number of attacks and impacts. The workshops will then go on to include a session on embedding the culture of cyber security within space related industries and promote the adoption of the UKSA cyber security toolkit as a good practice framework.
There will be nine events in total during December and January, with each being tailored to the requirements of a specific segment of the space supply chain, thus allowing peer groups to come together to examine specific challenges and share good practice.
Who should attend these workshops?
These workshops are designed for Company owners, Company directors and heads of security of Space sector organisations.
Please only register for one workshop – choose the session that fits your segment in the space supply chain. If you are unable to make your designated session, we will be running a workshop on the 28 January which is open to all.
- 8 December: 09.30 – 13.30 – Start up organisations
- 10 December: 13.00 – 17.00 – SMEs
- 15 December: 09.30 – 13.30 – Ground Station operators
- 12 January: 09.30 – 13.30 – Academia
- 14 January: 13.00 -17.00 – Spaceports /UK launch
- 19 January: 09.30 – 13.30 – Service and infrastructure providers
- 21 January: 13.00 -17.00 – Medium sized organisations and primes
- 26 January: 09.30 – 13.30 – European Space Agency member states
- 28 January: 13.00 -17.00 – For those Companies who could not make their designated session.